We are pleased to announce a goodwill COVID-19 Medical Plan Coverage Programme (“Programme”) with immediate effect. This Programme is a new addition to the list of on-going COVID-19 related goodwill benefits that has been provided by Great Eastern to support our customers during these challenging times.
Under this Programme, we will reimburse on a goodwill basis, medical expenses incurred for medically necessary treatment of COVID-19 at private and government hospitals. This Programme will be made available to existing and new persons covered of Great Eastern Takaful Berhad with medical plans, which contained in the certificate contract, the exclusion clause on communicable diseases requiring quarantine by law. For a complete list of medical plans included under this Programme, please refer to the FAQ.
The eligible medical claim will be reimbursed in accordance with the respective medical plan’s benefits, terms and conditions, with the exception being for the duration of this Programme, the aforementioned exclusion will not be applied to eligible medical expenses incurred for Covid-19 treatment. No fresh waiting period is required under this Programme, however, any remaining waiting period under the respective certificate will continue to apply.
The coverage period of this Programme is based on hospital admission date on and after 19 August 2021 until the amount of the RM20 million fund* set aside for this Programme is exhausted. Additionally, Great Eastern Takaful reserves the right to change and/or terminate the Programme earlier for Great Eastern Takaful participants, should the prevailing conditions and circumstances change or the total claims under this Programme for Great Eastern Takaful have reached RM1.5 million.
Note: The RM20 million fund is a combined limit for Great Eastern Takaful Berhad, Great Eastern General Insurance (Malaysia) and Great Eastern Life Assurance (Malaysia) Berhad.
With the commencement of the National COVID-19 Immunisation Programme in Malaysia on 24 February 2021, we are pleased to announce the launch of COVID-19 Vaccine Fund (“Fund”) to provide complimentary financial assistance to our customers due to adverse effects that may arise after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
As a goodwill initiative, the Company has set aside RM1.0 million COVID-19 Vaccine Fund for our customers who experience adverse events following immunisation (AEFI) after receiving a COVID-19 vaccination and this Fund is applicable to all person covered of Great Eastern Takaful who is a registered i-Get In Touch user and whose certificate is in-force during the coverage period, except for Compulsory Group Employee Benefits, certificates with term cover of less than 1 year and MySalam. The coverage period begins from 25 February 2021 to 31 December 2021, or upon reaching maximum claims limit of RM1.0 million, whichever is earlier.
The Fund provides the following benefits:
· Daily Hospital Cash Benefit: RM200 per day up to seven (7) days for hospitalisation in Malaysia requiring medically necessary treatment due to AEFI within 14 days after receiving a COVID-19 Vaccine.
· Death Benefit: Lump sum RM10,000 per person covered if death is related to AEFI within 30 days from receiving a COVID-19 Vaccine OR from date of admission to hospital due to AEFI, whichever is later. This death benefit is payable on top of other takaful certificates death benefit, if any.
“COVID-19 Vaccine” refers to any COVID-19 vaccine (including the first dose and subsequent doses) that is approved for use in Malaysia by the Ministry of Health (MOH) and administered by registered medical personnel at a MOH designated location in Malaysia.
No benefit shall be payable if the COVID-19 Vaccine was administered during the first 14 days from the risk commencement date or reinstatement date of the certificate, whichever is later.
Only one claim can be made per person covered from Great Eastern Takaful Berhad, Great Eastern Life Assurance (Malaysia) or Great Eastern General Insurance (Malaysia).
The RM1.0 million fund is a combined limit for Great Eastern Takaful Berhad, Great Eastern Life Assurance (Malaysia) and Great Eastern General Insurance (Malaysia).
The company reserves the right to change and/or terminate the Fund earlier, should the prevailing conditions and circumstances change.
Should you require additional information, you may email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Customer Service Careline at 1300-13-8338.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does the COVID-19 Vaccine Fund cover?
Daily Hospital Cash Benefit
A daily benefit is paid for each day the eligible person covered is hospitalised during the eligible period solely due to adverse events following immunisation (AEFI) within 14 days after receiving an approved COVID-19 Vaccine, for a maximum of seven (7) consecutive days.
RM200 per day
A lump sum payout if death of person covered is related to AEFI within 30 days from receiving a COVID-19 Vaccine or from date of admission to hospital due to AEFI, whichever is later.
RM10,000 per person covered
· The hospitalisation of the eligible person covered due to adverse events following immunisation (AEFI) of COVID-19 must be considered medically necessary by a registered medical practitioner.
· The claim submission date by the eligible person covered must occur within the validity period of the COVID-19 Vaccine Fund. The claim submission date will be taken to be the date the eligible person covered submits all the required documents and we acknowledge receipt of the same.
· Daily Hospital Cash Benefit shall only be payable once for each eligible person covered even if he/she is hospitalised multiple times due to adverse events following immunisation (AEFI) of COVID-19 during the coverage period.
· “COVID-19 Vaccine” refers to any COVID-19 vaccine (including the first dose and subsequent doses) that is approved for use in Malaysia by the Ministry of Health (MOH) and administered by registered medical personnel at a MOH designated location in Malaysia.
2. Am I eligible for the COVID-19 Vaccine Fund if I am not a registered i-Get In Touch user?
No, your claim will be rejected due to not fulfilling the requirement as a registered i-Get In Touch user.
3. Is there any waiting period for the benefits to be payable?
Yes, there is a waiting period of 14 days from the risk commencement date or reinstatement date of the certificate, whichever is later. The date of receiving the COVID-19 Vaccine must be more than 14 days from the risk commencement date or date of reinstatement of the certificate, whichever is later.
4. If I am hospitalised more than once due to adverse events following immunisation (AEFI) after the receiving a COVID-19 Vaccine, can I make multiple claims?
No, the Daily Hospital Cash Benefit is payable once for each eligible person covered, even if the first hospitalisation stay was less than 7 days.
5. Does it cover private and government hospital in Malaysia, and hospitals outside Malaysia?
Eligibility for Daily Hospital Cash Benefit is applicable to both private and government hospitals in Malaysia. Admission to hospitals outside of Malaysia is not covered.
However, the Death Benefit is payable even though the person covered is outside Malaysia.
For COVID-19 Vaccine Fund campaign for non-Great Eastern customer, click to find out more here.
Great Eastern Takaful will provide coverage on COVID-19 treatment at Government hospital to person covered under our medical plans, specifically, Daily-Cash Allowance at Malaysian Government Hospital and reimbursement of pre-hospitalisation expenses (subject to terms and conditions of the respective medical plan).
This is despite the fact that all medical plans carry an exclusion on communicable diseases requiring quarantine by law. We are waiving the exclusion on quarantine by law in light of the increasing number of people who have been affected.
In addition, hospitalisation due to adverse events following immunisation (AEFI) caused by COVID-19 vaccination is also covered under all our medical plans, subject to terms and conditions stated in the Takaful certificate.
This coverage will be provided until 31 December 2021.
Please be informed that the Deferment of Contribution Payment Programme (“Program”) has been extended till 31 December 2021.
To align with financial reliefs from the Government during the COVID-19 outbreak, the Company will allow Takaful certificate owners who are financially affected by COVID-19 or the Movement Control Order (“MCO”) to defer their regular contribution payments for 3 months without affecting the certificate coverage.
For more information, kindly refer to the Frequently Asked Questions.