Offer an active engagement model wherein a customer is aware of:
- Multi-channel options & accessibility for purchase and enquiry.
- Where and how to provide feedback, suggestions and to complain.
We are committed to provide efficient and effective services in handling complaints and enquiries. You may address all concerns or complaints relating to handling of your personal information by contacting us through these channels:
- Visit any of our 21 service centres nationwide; or
- Call our toll free at 1 300 13 8338; or
- Write to us at:
Customer Feedback Unit
Great Eastern Takaful Berhad
Level 3 menara Great Eastern
303 Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Better engagement and improved services
Service Level Target
- Multi-channels and appropriate channels are being used for purchase and enquiry.
- Online channels are being used for purchase and enquiry.
- Feedback, suggestions and complaints are received via channels provided.
We will make Takaful products easily accessible via various channels, physically and virtually, to obtain information, purchase or make enquiries.
- Offer an active engagement model wherein a customer is aware of:
- Multi-channel options and accessibility for making purchases and enquiries.
- Where and how to provide feedback, suggestions and complaints.
- Reinforce that Takaful is easily accessible via various channels, physically and virtually.
- Customers are kept informed on the physical and engagement channels available for them to purchase products or to make enquiries.
- Specifically, customers should have access to the following:
- Takaful agent locator
- List of customer engagement channels, i.e. corporate website, self-service customer web portal and call centre.
- Social media– Facebook: Great Eastern Takaful Berhad
- Channel availability may vary from time to time, and customers will be informed accordingly.
We will actively seek feedback, suggestions or complaints on how Takaful Operators can serve customers better
- Customers are provided with available channels to provide feedback and suggestions via:
- The Takaful operator will conduct periodic customer satisfaction feedback/surveys to ensure that customers’ needs are fulfilled.
Back to top
To understand customer’s profile adequately which enables the Takaful Operators to:
- Know and anticipate the customer’s needs and preference.
- Ask for requisite information and documents to best advise the customer.
- Offer suitable products and services.
Service Level Target
- 90% of customers are served with suitable products and services which fit their needs and wants.
- Minimal complaints (ratio of 5% of total complaints) from customers are on not understanding what was offered and/or not having the suitable products and services.
We will strive to help customers find the right product to suit their needs
- Knowledgeable and ethical staff and agents are available to serve customers.
- Ensure employees and intermediaries are properly trained on products and services offered.
- Training must be provided any time a new product is launched and regularly as refresher courses on existing products.
- Understanding Customers’ Needs
In order to understand the customers’ profile adequately, Takaful Operators including their agents shall: -
- Listen attentively to the customers.
- Acknowledge and properly understand the customers’ needs and preferences.
- Ask for requisite information and documents to advise the customers accordingly and in accordance with the Industry’s Code of Practice on the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- Offer options of suitable products and services to meet the customers’ needs and wants.
- Any options provided to customers shall be explained and on an “opt-in- basis”, e.g. riders, sharing/using customer information for marketing and research purposes.
Note: Handling of customer information is governed by Bank Negara Malaysia’s Policy Document on Management of Customer Information and Permitted Disclosures and Takaful Operators shall operate accordingly.
Back to top
Deliver a seamless service wherein customers are aware of:
- Takaful Operators’ responsibilities towards customers.
- Expected service standard and time taken to deliver these services, i.e. time taken to answer enquiries / resolve complaints.
- Where and how to obtain information required i.e. product features and costs.
Service Level Target
- 80% of customers are being served within the expected service level and timelines.
- 100% of customers are issued with certificate documents in a timely manner.
- Declining complaints ratio.
We will set clear responsibilities towards customers and uphold it:
At Great Eastern Takaful Berhad, our vision is to pave the way to a GREAT and COLOURFUL life : Takaful for YOU & ME
Our mission statement consists of:
- Caring for your lifecycle needs with attractive and affordable products
- Experiencing great moments with us: we deliver our promises on time, all the time
- To be the preferred partner for all stakeholders by attracting and developing value-based talents
Great Eastern takaful Berhad also considers compliance with various regulators’ requirements including the Shariah requirements, one of the most important and one of our strategic priorities. Our Customer Feedback Unit promotes fair dealing in business conduct with participants and is in place to protect the interests of our stakeholders
We will set clear expectation on time taken for various services.
- To include a clear expectation on time taken for various services:
- Delivery of Services
Information on turnaround time on delivery of services must be made available in the Clients Charter through various channels (head offices/ branches / brochures / call center / website / social media).
- Standards to be adopted
- Serve Walk-in Customer Promptly
- Customer Waiting Time: Within 10 minutes.
We will ensure efficient certificate servicing and providing relevant documentation in a timely manner.
- Customers shall be informed of each step and documentation required to alter, renew, surrender or cancel a certificate, e.g. what happens when there are changes to the certificate, notice on renewal, etc. as well as consequence arising from any of these actions.
- Customers are to be reminded in the renewal notice to inform the Takaful company of any changes in the risk before renewal.
- The standard operating procedure on dealings with customers must be clearly complied with.
We will ensure efficient certificate servicing and provide relevant documentation in a timely manner (Family Takaful)
- Family Takaful
Certificate Account Turnaround Time (from receipt of full documentation, information and payment of contribution)
- Certificate Issuance (upon acceptance in the Certificate system) New and Existing Customer:
- Standard cases – within 5 working days
- Additional information required / pre-existing medical condition / complex cases – within 10 working days
- Change of Certificate account details (endorsement):
- Certificate Changes (Non-financial): within 3 working days
- Certificate Changes (Financial):
- Standard cases - within 5 working days
- Non-Standard cases – within 10 working days
- Reinstatement: within 10 working days (with payment & complete documentation)
Renewal notice issuance
For Certificate with guaranteed renewal, contribution due notice will be issued not less than 30 calendar days before the next contribution due date.
Notification of Revised Contribution to renewable basic term Certificate / term rider will be issued not less than 30 calendar days before the expiry of existing Certificate / rider.
Cancellation/surrendering of Certificate: 10 working days upon receipt of full documents – to also include processing of refund contribution.
Issuance of medical / hospitalization card for individuals - Within same business day of Certificate issuance.
Note: The timelines above do not take into account onboarding process – Takaful Operators have their own onboarding process/introduction to its products and services.
Back to top
We will be open and transparent in our dealings
The following information shall be easily accessible and made available through the various channels of communication such as branches / brochures / call centers
/ social media / website:
- Product related details, i.e. product features, product disclosure sheets, terms and conditions, key facts and exclusions will be shared at the point of sale.
- Fees, charges (other than contributions), and interest (if any) as well as obligations in the use of a product or service (e.g. when contribution needs to be paid and explaining payment before cover warranty).
- Anti-fraud statement and key points to remember, i.e. confidentiality of customer information, free look period of not less than 15 calendar days (Family Takaful) and Takaful Operators’ right to reject or accept applications.
- All the above information shall be explained and stated using simple words and in an easy to understand manner.
We will follow through and provide the requisite answers / updates to customers’ queries & complaints promptly
- Walk-in Customers
You will be served within 10 minutes
- Responses to our automated voice response complaints are instant.
- Calls are answered within three rings.
- Simple and straight forward cases will resolved and respond immediately.
- Complex cases, which require follow up, will be responded within two (2) working days
- Written (Email, fax, written letter & social media)
- An automated response to acknowledge receipt will be sent to the sender upon receipt of the email.
- Email responses would be given within three working days from the date of receipt for enquiries.
- Correspondence would be replied to within three working days from the date of receipt for simple enquiries. You will be updated regularly if enquiries are complex and requiring in depth investigation.
- Counter / Branches
- Where no follow up is required, Takaful Operators will endeavor to provide first touch point resolution immediately.
- Where follow-up is required – within 5 working days from the date of the first visit.
Note: Where enquiry is complex, Takaful Operators will provide a reasonable timeframe and keep the customer updated accordingly.
We will ensure consistent and thorough complaints handling
- To adopt the following:
- Customers shall be informed of the various options for submitting a complaint through available channels, depending on the Takaful Operators channel presence and whichever applicable, i.e. provide complaints unit contact details (telephone number and address), website, social media, etc.
- A verification process has to be performed on the certificate owner /Participants.
- Communicate clearly on the issue and gather adequate information for an informed resolution.
- Address the issue in an equitable, objective and timely manner by informing the complainants on Takaful Operators’ decision no later than 14 calendar days from the date of the receipt of the complaints.
- If the case is complicated or requires further investigation, Takaful Operators shall inform the complainant accordingly and update progress every 14 calendar days. If not resolved, to update within another 14 calendar days. Thereafter, after every 30 calendar days.
- Keep the complainants updated if unable to address issues within the stipulated timeframe.
- Refer the complainants to the next level of escalation if the resolutions are not to the satisfaction of the complainants. Contact details of Bank Negara Malaysia LINK, BNMTELELINK and Financial Ombudsman Scheme must be clearly provided.
Note: Complaints handling and timelines is governed by Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM)’s Guidelines on Complaints Handling and Takaful Operators shall operate accordingly
Back to top
Deliver a seamless claim processing and settlement experience wherein customers are aware of:
- Procedures, documentation and steps including various options (if any) for first notification of loss in an event of a claim.
- Expected service standard for claims processing and specific time taken for each step within the claims processing stages.
- Various redress mechanisms for unsatisfactory claims payment.
Provide peace of mind to Customer
Service Level Target
- 75% of the customers are satisfied with the claims decisions and processes.
- Declining complaints ratio over the years from customers on claims settlement and processes.
- 100% of legitimate claims are paid accordingly.
We will set clear timeline for claims settlement process and strive to settle claims within these prescribed timelines and in a transparent manner.
- To set clear timeline for claims settlement process and strive to settle claims within these prescribed timelines and in a transparent manner by adopting
the following procedures:
- Customers will be informed of the estimated time taken for claims settlement process and expected service standard.
For Hospital and Surgical Claims, the TAT is T+5 working days. Death/TPD/CI claims, TAT is T+7 working days. For Group claims, TAT is T+20 days.
- *T is today
- *Time is calculated upon complete document received
- This information shall be made available through various channels (i.e. branches/brochures/call centers/social media/website).
- Customers shall be informed on the acknowledgment of their claim within 7 working days from receipt of claims notification.
- All claims notifications through agents must reach the Takaful Operators within 3 working days, except for crime related claims which should be notified within 24 hours from time of loss.
- If documentation/information is incomplete, customers shall be informed within 14 working days from acknowledgement of the claim by the Claims Department.
- To state key claims procedures and assign timelines to it, i.e. appointment of adjuster, claims assessment, etc.
- Customers will be updated on the progress / decision every 14 working days.
- In the event of a catastrophe / disaster, e.g. large number of claims may be received, as such meeting timelines stipulated may not be possible, the Takaful Operators will strive to update every 20 working days on the progress.
Note: Claims settlement and timeline for General Takaful business is governed by Bank Negara Malaysia’s Guideline on Claims Settlement Practices and General Takaful Operators shall operate accordingly.
We will inform customer of the next level of escalation if the claims settlement / rejection is not to his/her satisfaction.
- To keep the customer informed of the next level of escalation if the claims settlement /repudiation is not to his/her satisfaction.
- Customers shall be provided with available channels to appeal on a decision / raise disputes (i.e. branch / brochures / call center / website)
- Any letter of rejection/repudiation of any element of a claim and dispute on quantum which is within the purview of the Financial Ombudsman Scheme must contain the following statement prominently: “Any person who is not satisfied with the decision of the Takaful Operator, should refer to the procedure for appeal as stated in the leaflet issued by the Financial Ombudsman Scheme.
This Customer Service Charter comes into effect from 1 January 2018.