Offer an active engagement model where a customer is aware of:
- Multi-channel options and accessibility for participating and enquiry.
- Where and how to provide feedback, suggestion and complaint.
We are committed to provide efficient and effective services in handling complaints and enquiries. You may address all concerns or complaints relating to handling of your personal information by contacting us through these channels:
- Visit any of our 21 service centres nationwide; or
- Call our toll free at 1 300 13 8338; or
- Write to us at:
Customer Feedback Unit
Great Eastern Takaful Berhad
Level 3 Menara Great Eastern
303 Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Better engagement and improved services
Service Level Target
- Multi-channels and appropriate channels are being used for participating and enquiry.
- Online channels are being used for participating and enquiry.
- Feedback, suggestions and complaints are received via channels provided.
- We will make Takaful products easily accessible via various channels, physically and virtually, to obtain information, participate or make enquiries.
- Offer an active engagement model where a customer is aware of:
- Multi-channel options and accessibility for participating and enquiries.
- Where and how to provide feedbacks, suggestions and complaints.
- Reinforce that Takaful is easily accessible via various channels, physically and virtually.
- Customers are kept informed on the physical and engagement channels available for them to participate in takaful plan or to make enquiries.
- Specifically, customers should have access to the following:
- Takaful agent locator
- List of customer engagement channels, i.e. corporate website, self-service customer web portal and call centre.
- Social media– Facebook: Great Eastern Takaful Berhad
Note: Channel availability may vary from time to time, and customers will be informed accordingly.
- We will actively seek feedbacks, suggestions or complaints on how We can serve customers better
- Customers are provided with available channels to provide feedback and suggestions via:
- We will conduct periodic customer satisfaction feedbacks / surveys to ensure the customers’ needs are fulfilled.
Back to top
To understand customer’s profile adequately which enables us to:
- Know and anticipate the customer’s needs and preference.
- Ask for requisite information and documents to best advise the customer.
- Offer suitable products and services.
Service Level Target
- 90% of customers are served with suitable products and services which fit their needs and wants.
- Minimal complaints (ratio of 5% of total complaints) from customers are on not understanding what was offered and / or not having the suitable products and services.
- We will strive to help customers find the right product to suit their needs
- Knowledgeable and ethical employees and agents are available to serve customers.
- Ensure employees and agents are properly trained on products and services offered.
- Training must be provided any time a new product is launched and regularly as refresher courses on existing products.
- Understanding Customers’ Needs
In order to understand the customers’ profile adequately, we, including our agents shall: -
- Listen attentively to the customers.
- Acknowledge and properly understand the customers’ needs and preferences.
- Ask for requisite information and documents to advise the customers accordingly and in accordance with the industry’s Code of Practice on the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- Offer options of suitable products and services to meet the customers’ needs and wants.
- Any options provided to customers shall be explained and on an “opt-in- basis”, e.g. riders, sharing/using customer information for marketing and research purposes.
Note: Handling of customer information is governed by Bank Negara Malaysia’s Certificate Document on Management of Customer Information and Permitted Disclosures and Takaful Operators shall operate accordingly.
Back to top
Deliver a seamless service where customers are aware of:
- Takaful Operators’ responsibilities towards customers.
- Expected service standard and time taken to deliver these services, i.e. time taken to answer enquiries / resolve complaints.
- Where and how to obtain information required
Service Level Target
- 80% of customers are being served within the expected service level and timelines.
- 100% of customers are issued with certificate documents in a timely manner.
- Declining complaints ratio.
- We will set clear responsibilities towards customers and uphold it:
At Great Eastern Takaful Berhad, our vision is to pave the way to a GREAT and COLOURFUL life : Takaful for YOU & ME
Our mission statement consists of:
- Caring for your lifecycle needs with attractive and affordable products
- Experiencing great moments with us: we deliver our promises on time, all the time
- To be the preferred partner for all stakeholders by attracting and developing value-based talents
We also consider compliance with various regulators’ requirements including the Shariah requirements, one of the most important and one of our strategic priorities. Our Customer Feedback Unit promotes fair dealing in business conduct with participants and is in place to protect the interests of our stakeholders.
- We will set clear expectation on time taken for various services.
- To include a clear expectation on time taken for various services:
- Delivery of Services
Information on turnaround time on delivery of services must be made available in the Clients Charter through various channels (head offices / branches / brochures / call centre / website / social media).
- Standards to be adopted
- Serve Walk-in Customer Promptly
- Customer Waiting Time: Within 10 minutes.
- We will ensure efficient certificate servicing and providing relevant documentation in a timely manner.
- Customers shall be informed of each step and documentation required to alter, renew, surrender or cancel a certificate, e.g. what happens when there are changes to the certificate, notice on renewal, etc. as well as consequence arising from any of these actions.
- Customers are to be reminded in the renewal notice to inform us of any changes in the risk before renewal.
- The standard operating procedure on dealings with customers must be clearly complied with.
- We will ensure efficient certificate servicing and provide relevant documentation in a timely manner (Family Takaful)
- Family Takaful
Certificate Processing Turnaround Time (from receipt of full documentation, information and payment of contribution)
- New Certificate Issuance (upon acceptance in the Certificate system):
- Standard cases – within 5 working days
- Additional information required / pre-existing medical condition / complex cases – within 10 working days
- Change of Certificate details (Endorsement):
- Certificate Changes (Non-financial): within 3 working days
- Certificate Changes (Financial):
- Standard cases - within 5 working days
- Non-Standard cases – within 10 working days
- Reinstatement: within 10 working days (with payment & complete documentation)
- Renewal notice issuance
For Certificate with guaranteed renewal, contribution due notice will be issued not less than 30 calendar days before the next contribution due date (exclude recurring credit / debit card and auto debit payments; and monthly modes)
Notification of Revised Contribution to renew basic term Certificate / term rider will be issued not less than 30 calendar days before the expiry of existing Certificate / rider.
- Cancellation / surrendering of Certificate: 10 working days upon receipt of full documents – to also include processing of refund contribution.
- Issuance of medical / hospitalization card for individuals - Within same business day of Certificate issuance.
Note: The timelines above do not take into account on boarding process – Takaful Operators have their own on boarding process/introduction to its products and services.
- We will be opened and transparent in our dealings
The following information shall be easily accessible and made available through the various channels of communication such as branches / brochures / call centres / social media / corporate website:
- Product related details, i.e. product features, product disclosure sheets, terms and conditions, key facts and exclusions will be shared at the point of sale.
- Fees, charges (other than contributions), as well as obligations in the use of a product or service (e.g. when contribution needs to be paid and explaining payment before cover warranty).
- Anti-fraud statement and key points to remember, i.e. confidentiality of customer information, free look period of not less than 15 calendar days (Family Takaful) and our right to reject or accept applications.
- All the above information shall be explained and stated using simple words and in an easy to understand manner.
- We will follow through and provide the requisite answers / updates to customers’ queries & complaints promptly
- Walk-in Customers
- You will be served within 10 minutes
- Responses to our automated voice response complaints are instant.
- Calls are answered within three rings.
- Simple and straight forward cases will be resolved and immediately responded.
- Complex cases, which require follow up, will be responded within two (2) working days
- Written (Email, fax, written letter & social media)
- An automated response to acknowledge receipt will be sent to the sender upon receipt of the email.
- Email responses would be given within three working days from the date of receipt for enquiries.
- Correspondence would be replied to within three working days from the date of receipt for simple enquiries. You will be updated regularly if enquiries are complex and requiring in depth investigation.
- Counter / Branches
- Where no follow up is required, we will endeavour to provide first touch point resolution immediately.
- Where follow-up is required – within 5 working days from the date of the first visit.
Note: Where enquiry is complex, we will provide a reasonable timeframe and keep the customer updated accordingly.
- We will ensure consistent and thorough complaints handling
- To adopt the following:
- Customers shall be informed of the various options for submitting a complaint through available channels, depending on the channel presence and whichever applicable, i.e. provide complaints unit contact details (telephone number, email and address), website, social media, etc.
- A verification process has to be performed on the certificate owner /Participants.
- Communicate clearly on the issue and gather adequate information for an informed resolution.
- Address the issue in an equitable, objective and timely manner by informing the complainants on our decision no later than 14 calendar days from the date of the receipt of the complaints.
- If the case is complicated or requires further investigation, we shall inform the complainant accordingly and update progress every 14 calendar days. If not resolved, to update within another 14 calendar days. Thereafter, after every 30 calendar days.
- Keep the complainants updated if unable to address issues within the stipulated timeframe.
- Refer the complainants to the next level of escalation if the resolutions are not to the satisfaction of the complainants. For further information, please refer to https://www.greateasterntakaful.com/en/get-help/customer-care.html
Note: Complaints handling and timelines are governed by Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM)’s Guidelines on Complaints Handling and Takaful Operators shall operate accordingly
Back to top
Deliver a seamless claim processing and settlement experience wherein customers are aware of:
- Procedures, documentation and steps including various options (if any) for first notification of loss in an event of a claim.
- Expected service standard for claims processing and specific time taken for each step within the claims processing stages.
- Various redress mechanisms for unsatisfactory claims payment.
Provide peace of mind to the Customer.
Service Level Target
- 75% of the customers are satisfied with the claims decisions and processes.
- Declining complaints ratio over the years from customers on claims settlement and processes.
- 100% of legitimate claims are paid accordingly.
- We will set clear timeline for claims settlement process and strive to settle claims within these prescribed timelines and in a transparent manner.
- To set clear timeline for claims settlement process and strive to settle claims within these prescribed timelines and in a transparent manner by adopting the following procedures:
- Customers will be informed of the estimated time taken for claims settlement process and expected service standard.
For Hospital and Surgical Claims, the TAT is T+5 working days. Death/TPD/CI claims, TAT is T+7 working days. For Group claims, TAT is T+20 days.
*T is today
*Time is calculated upon complete document received
- This information shall be made available through various channels (i.e. branches / brochures / call centres / social media / website).
- Customers shall be informed on the acknowledgment of their claim within 7 working days from receipt of claims notification.
- All claims notifications through agents must reach the Takaful Operators within 3 working days, except for crime related claims which should be notified within 24 hours from time of loss.
- If documentation/information is incomplete, customers shall be informed within 14 working days from acknowledgement of the claim by the Claims Department.
- To state key claims procedures and assign timelines to it, i.e. appointment of adjuster, claims assessment, etc.
- Customers will be updated on the progress / decision every 14 working days.
- In the event of a catastrophe / disaster, e.g. large number of claims may be received and as such, meeting timelines stipulated may not be possible, we will strive to update every 20 working days on the progress.
Note: Claims settlement and timeline for General Takaful business is governed by Bank Negara Malaysia’s Guideline on Claims Settlement Practices and General Takaful Operators shall operate accordingly.
- We will inform customer of the next level of escalation if the claims settlement / rejection is not to his / her satisfaction.
- To keep the customer informed of the next level of escalation if the claims settlement / repudiation is not to his / her satisfaction.
- Customers shall be provided with available channels to appeal on a decision / raise disputes (i.e. branch / brochures / call centre / website)
- Any letter of rejection / repudiation of any element of a claim and dispute on quantum which is within the purview of the Financial Ombudsman Scheme must contain the following statement prominently: “Any person who is not satisfied with the decision of the Takaful Operator, should refer to the procedure for appeal as stated in the leaflet issued by the Financial Ombudsman Scheme.”
This Customer Service Charter comes into effect from 1 January 2018.
Back to top