By interacting with Great Eastern Takaful Berhad (916257-H) ("the Company”) submitting information to the Company, or signing up for any products or services offered by the Company, you are providing personal information to the Company.
Your personal information may be used, recorded, stored, disclosed or otherwise processed by or on behalf of the Company (and its successors in title) for the following purposes:
- to carry on takaful business;
- for this or any other or further takaful or financial related product or service or any alterations, variations, cancellation or renewal of such product or service by the Company and other companies within the Company's group of companies (for information, log on to www.greateasterntakaful.com);
- research and audit including but not limited to historical and statistical purposes;
- any claim or investigation or analysis of such claim;
- to ascertain your claims history in order to improve claims processing and prevent fraudulent claims;
- to exercise any right of subrogation;
- to match any data held by the Company relating to you from time to time;
- direct marketing and general marketing;
- managing and servicing the Company's relationship with you and to provide you with improved customer service; and
- if required by law or in good faith, if such action is necessary
- to comply with any law enforcement, court orders or legal process,
- to protect and defend the rights or property of the Company and the Company's group of companies and their users (for information, log on to www.greateasterntakaful.com).
By interacting with the Company, submitting information to the Company, or signing up for any products or services offered by the Company, you consent and authorize the Company to obtain and verify any information about you from you or from any third parties which the Company may require in connection with your application for any of the Company's takaful products or services. Such consent and authorization herein shall extend to any information obtained from any of the takaful certificates presently provided to you, any new application to the Company for takaful, such historical financial or credit records, data or information whether or not provided personally.
The information that you have provided to the Company is necessary. If you do not provide the Company with such information, the Company may not be able to provide you with takaful coverage or to respond to any claim.
The Company may disclose and/or provide your personal information to the following parties for the purposes stated above:
- the Company's authorised representatives / personnel;
- the certificate owner and/or its agents;
- third party service providers (who provide administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, data processing or storage, or other services to the Company in connection with the operation of our business) to fulfil the Company's obligations to you;
- takaful carriers, third-party claims adjusters, fraud detection and prevention services, takaful companies and takaful industry regulatory authorities;
- any credit reference agencies or, in the event of default, any debt collection agencies;
- any takaful rating organizations that collect information about credit history, accident fault, injury description and amounts paid and share it with other takaful companies and others entitled to see it;
- any person, who is under a duty of confidentiality and has undertaken to keep such data confidential, which the Company has engaged to fulfil its obligations to you;
- any actual or proposed assignee, transferee, participant or sub-participant of the Company's rights or business,
- any person to whom the Company is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines binding on the Company including, without limitation, any applicable regulators, governmental bodies, or industry recognised bodies such as the Malaysian Takaful Association, and where otherwise required by law; and
- other companies in the Company's group of companies (for information, please log on to www.greateasterntakaful.com) including those located outside Malaysia.
You may access certain personal information held by the Company based on the applicable data protection laws of Malaysia. You may access your personal information at any time by calling Customer Service Care at 1300-13-8338
or visit our customer portal at www.igetintouch.com.my. If you have any inquiry or complaint (such as limiting the processing of certain information, including the withdrawal of consent to receive marketing information), you may contact our Privacy Officer at +603 4259 8380 or Customer Service Care at 1300-13-8338, or write to the Company.
The Company may charge a reasonable fee for access. If you can show that the personal information held by the Company is not accurate, complete and up to date, the Company will take reasonable steps to ensure it is accurate, complete and up to date upon receiving your verification/feedback.
The Company may review and update this Personal Data Protection Notice from time to time to reflect changes in the law, changes in the Company's business practices, procedures and structure, and changes in the community's privacy expectations. It is not generally feasible to notify you of changes to this Personal Data Protection Notice and as such, you can log on to www.greateasterntakaful.com or contact the Company's Privacy Officer to obtain the latest version of the Personal Data Protection Notice at any time.
By interacting with the Company, submitting information to the Company, or signing up for any products or services offered by the Company, you consent to such use of your personal information including sensitive personal data.
The Company is committed to ensure the safety and security of our customer’s personal information in our operations. As such, we have put place strong security measures to prevent unauthorized access, which could result in alteration, destruction or theft of data or compromise the confidentiality of our customer's data. In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.